C-19 Health & Safety
The Coronavirus crisis has had a great impact on the lives of us all and we would like to send everybody reading this our love and good wishes.
We take our responsibility in serving our local community in a busy green space very seriously, and are committed to the safety of our customers and our team. As well as our normal everyday health and safety procedures, we are following the evolving Government and Public Health England guidelines for food outlets. We have also made a great number of changes to our business to adapt to social distancing for both our teams and customers.
Some of the anti-viral transmission measures in place at The Skylark Cafe are:-
- A new click & collect system (using the Hopt app), to cut down on physical contact and minimise queues.
- Separate entry and exit points for our pick up area on the Skylark terrace to prevent ‘bottle-necks’.
- Our team’s work stations are 2m apart.
- Training on how and where to move as a team has taken place, plus reminders are posted all around the work space.
- All staff have been provided with non-medical PPE (washable masks, latex gloves).
- Extra, regular clean downs within in the café, with enhanced anti-viral cleaning products.
- Lots of good old fashioned soap and water – as always our staff wash their hands before and after their shifts, breaks etc and they are also wearing gloves during service.
- In addition, newly installed outdoor customer handwashing stations are available at each café, when the terraces are open.
Please help us to serve you safely and keep our team safe, by carefully reading and observing the signs around the café and collecting your order solo where possible (rather than in your household group) to maintain space at pick up.
If you have any questions on the above we'd love to hear from you, please drop us a line on and we will get back to you as soon as we can.